Alongside the CCR there are a number of groups which promote critical realism and run regular events.
The Centre for Social Ontology (CSO) is funded by the Independent Social Research Foundation. We were established in 2011 at the École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne. Now based in the Department of Sociology at the University of Warwick, our main focus is the Morphogenetic Project.
- The Morphogenetic Project produces an annual volume as part of the Social Morphogenesis series.
- The first three volumes in this series are Social Morphogenesis, Late Modernity: Trajectories Towards Morphogenic Society and Generative Mechanisms Transforming the Social Order.
- We ran a seminar series between October 2014 and March 2015.
- We organise conferences and workshops on a regular basis.
To get in touch or subscribe to our mailing list, please contact email@example.com.
The Critical Realism Network or Human Flourishing and Critical Realism in the Social Sciences funded by the John Templeton Foundation and was established in 2014 based at the Department of Sociology at Yale University.
- The project is committed to developing critical realism in the United States by examining questions of causation, methodology and human flourishing in sociology.
- We run a seminar series over the summer for grad students and post-docs.
- We organise conferences and workshops in the US on a regular basis.
- We organise and co-ordinate working groups
- We run regular webinars
To subscribe to the Critical Realism Network click here